There are certain things which you have to be careful of while writing a 200 Dollars Cheque. The details have to be precise. Or else, your cheque could be rejected by the bank. Confused about how to write a 200 dollars cheque? We have got you covered!
If you have a bank account and you are an adult, you will surely have many services. To every adult account holder, the bank provides certain luxuries to enjoy. These could be ATM or debit cards, Cheque books and in some cases, E-Banking facilities. But you have to take utmost care while enjoying these services.
Obviously, to enjoy these services, you have to submit your tax proof to the bank. Only then, do you get access to these services like debit cards and cheque books? While debit cards are comparatively easy to use, cheques need proper details. You have to put all the details carefully and clarity is a must.
What sections does a blank cheque consist of if you want it to fill it for a 200 dollars cheque?
A blank cheque consists of certain blank spaces to be filled up. These are the date, payee details, amount in both numerical. And words form and for who the cheque is for. Also after filling in all these details, there has to be a proper and valid signature section.
Sections for a 200 dollars cheque-
1) Date- date has to be put by the account barer or account holder. The date can be of the current date or any day on which the cheque can get cash.
2) Payee details- The account holder fills up this section with the name of the business or last name of an individual to whom he wishes to pay.
3) Amount or the $ sign- Here, the account holder enters the amount in numerical format. As we are talking about 200 Dollars, you will have to write it as $200.00/-. Do not forget the numbers after the decimal point.
4) Dollars- In this section, you will write the amount in words. Here you will have to write it as Two Hundred Dollars only.
5) For – in a number of cheques, you can write a description or reason for the cheque. In this section, you can write about that reason. Again, this is completely optional. And it may or may not reflect on your statement or passbook.
6) Signature- You will have to do a valid and authorized signature, as you are the account holder. This basically works as the account holder’s consent to withdraw money.
Could there be any hidden charges while writing a 200 dollars cheque?
There could be charges from the bank when you issue a cheque. There are a few banks that charge convenience or transaction fees from customers. And you have to add those charges to your cheque itself. So make sure that you ask your bank regarding any charges.
If your account is in a good, affiliated bank, you will see that there are minimum charges or no charges. Thus, let’s take an example. If your bank charges 20 cents for your transaction fee, the number on your cheque will be $200.20/-. And the value in words will be Two Hundred Dollars and 20 cents only. And the rest of the sections will be the same.
You have to use this format while writing a 200 dollars cheque. You can do the same with any other amount of money as well. Just make sure that your signature is correct. A wrong or invalid signature will attract trouble.